Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 serves
- 1 cup almonds, soaked 8 hrs (optional)*
- 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked 1-2 hrs (optional)*
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup leeks
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 TBS sage
- 1 TBS marjoram
- 1 TBS thyme
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 180C (alternatively, see notes below for the Raw option).
- Homogenize nuts with oil.
- Finely chop and stir in leeks, celery, herbs and nutritional yeast.
- Roll into 1 1/2″ balls and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with Tahini Lemon Sauce or your favourite Marinara Sauce.
- Considering we polished them off in one go, I’d say these are definitely a hit! Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, salt-free, protein rich; vegan, raw, paleo friendly… served with lashings of tahini sauce on a bed of greens… have you ever seen such a vibrant ball feast?!
- For Raw: A dehydrator is required. Roll mix into 1 1/2″ balls and place on parchment paper or teflex sheets inside your dehydrator. Dehydrate for 2-3 hours at 145 degrees.
- Click here for directions on how to make Tahini Lemon Sauce.
- Although optional, I highly recommend you soak your nuts, especially for those who have compromised digestion. The outer coating may create problems for our bodies because they are made of enzyme inhibitors and toxic substances, which cause digestive distress. All of this can be reduced or eliminated by simply giving them a good soaking to bring them to life.