Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 serves
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBS raw tahini
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley (garnish)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Optional: Stir in 2 tsp finely chopped parsley till well combined, or garnish with fresh parsley and a pinch of cayenne pepper on top!
- Makes 3/4 cup
- If mixture is too thick, slowly add more water until it reaches the preferred consistency.
- If mixture is too thin, add a bit more tahini paste.
- If using tahini for falafel or a meat dish, keep it thick and creamy. As a condiment for salads, a more liquid sauce is usually preferred.
- Taste often during the whisking process; add more lemon juice or tahini, if desired.