Need a wholesome scrum-diddly-umptious good-ass vibe-ing recipe that nourishes you so well + makes you feel amazing? Look no further!
There is some seriously raised vibes after finishing a meal that is completely fresh, raw and delish!
Laughter is usually involved, or at least highly recommended.
I’ve found that when I bump up my raw quota, I remain fuller for longer (thanks to the high fiber & water content), cravings for sugar subside, my skin starts glowing and energy levels SOAR.
Raw food is amazing and so jam-packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that aren’t normally present in a standard diet.
This recipe is just one variation of our favourite and is such a clever gluten-free grain-free alternative that can be used in Italian style dishes or to replace noodles in asian cooking.
Ah, the miracle of zucchinis + a spiralizer. (Best gadget ever!) I don’t think any further introduction is required here.
(I’m not affiliated with this brand by the way, just highly recommend it.)
Feel free to experiment with your own favourite pesto, or marinara sauce. Ours is a rich cashew herb alfredo that is just so creamy, it’ll have your tastebuds bursting with flavour!
Zucchini Pasta Alfredo
- 4-6 Large Zucchinis (depending on how many you are making the recipe for) If they’re organic, leave the skin on. If not, peel them.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 6 hours to activate them, if you like)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 roma tomato de-seeded
- 1 small red capsicum (or 1/2 large)
- 2 TBS sesame seeds
- 4 TBS nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 TBS chives
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp celery seeds (optional)
- 1/2 small clove of garlic, crushed
- pinch of pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil added slowly during blending process
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Fresh basil
- Use a spiralizer, julienne peeler or a mandolin to make zucchini noodles or zucchini ribbons. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend all sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender, adding the olive oil slowly to emulsify.
- Pour desired dressing over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and spring onions.
Dig in and enjoy!
For a more warming meal, you can lightly saute the noodles in a pan for a couple of minutes.
What’s your favourite pasta sauce?
Peace & spaghetti,