Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 serves
- 4 green cabbage leaves OR iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa *optional
- 2 avocados, mashed with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt*
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 lime, juiced
- 2 handfuls of parsley and/or coriander, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- To make your guacomole, slice the avocados in half, remove the pip and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Add Himalayan salt, cayenne and cumin. (*No added Salt for MD and CHD sufferers)
- Slice the lime in half and juice over the avocado.
- Chop parsley/cilantro and add to your avocado.
- Use a fork to mash the avocado while stirring in the rest of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Chop red peppers, tomatoes and grate carrots.
- When your quinoa is cooked, take your cabbage or lettuce leaves, and fill with quinoa.
- Layer on your veggies. Place a dollop of guacomole on top and enjoy!
- Get creative and add your favourite veggies to the recipe! Try a fresh salsa to add some zing to your toppings.
- Broccoli sprouts always make a wonderful addition to these types of recipes and power up the nutrient profile as well!