Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 serves
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil (optional)
- 1 bunch spinach, finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 Swiss mushrooms (optional)
- 1/3 cup black Moroccan olives, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower and place in food processor with “S” blade attachment and blend until a cous cous-like texture is achieved.
- Place in bowl and add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper (NAS for MD/CHD sufferers).
- Mix in herbs, tomatoes and olives.
- Stir well and serve chilled.
- This dish is tasty when freshly made, but refrigerated overnight, the flavours meld together beautifully and you’ll have a gorgeous lunch ready to go.
- Great served with flax crackers and hummus.
- You have an incredibly versatile base for all kinds of options! Get creative and add your favourite roasted veggies like zucchini or pumpkin!
- This grain-free version still delivers the same satisfaction of the grain texture without resulting in stomachache and brain fog!