Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 serves
- 1 cup activated nuts (or alternatively, almond meal)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Raisins or Goji berries (optional)
- Process nuts, cacao, coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds.
- Add dates and process again.
- If mixture is too dry, add a dash of water to processor.
- Stir in Goji berries or raisins (optional).
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- Roll in shredded coconut, set in fridge and enjoy!
Blissful morsels of deliciousness, energy and flavour, without any cooking! These are great in your lunch box, as an energy snack or after dinner if you have a sweet craving. Feel free to add your own spin.
My top 3 favourite variations:
- Superfood Energy Balls: Add 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp spirulina powder, 1 tsp maca powder and 1/2 cup Goji berries. Roll balls in raw cacao powder to cover. Note: Feel free to experiment using your own favourite superfood.
- Middle Eastern Balls: Add 2 Tbsp tahini, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg, 3 chopped dried figs. Roll into sesame seeds to cover.
- Ferrero Rocher Balls: Use hazelnuts and add an additional tsp of Vanilla Bean paste. Roll into balls.