Prep time: 15 minutes
Prep notes: Soak almonds overnight (8-12 hours)
Yields: 4 serves
- 2 1/2 cups Coconut Water
- 2 cups Almonds, soaked
- 1 cup Coconut pulp
- 1 cup Apple, chopped
- 2 Tbsp raw Cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- A full, simple meal packed with complex flavour, texture, nourishment and feel-good fodder… can’t think of a better way to start my day!
- Grain free, gluten free, dairy free – raw, healing food – the right side of different.
- Also goes well with some ginger added. Not only warming, ginger is a great way to kickstart your digestion for the day.
- Serve with coconut shavings, local seasonal fruit and a drizzle of honey for a bit of ‘get-up-and-go’ (if you are prone to the sweeter side of things).
- You can simplify this recipe by taking out the coconut pulp and water and just blending almonds, apple and spices of your choice.