1 Simple Trick to Skyrocket your Energy Immediately
If you’re looking for a quick and simple trick to skyrocket your energy, then look no further!
The zing I get from lemon first thing in the morning has become something I crave; its cleansing and healing effects amp up my energy, plus it’s freakin’ delish.
Packed with vitamin C, B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, enzymes, potent antioxidants and fibers, every part of this drink aids in the digestive process, helps flush out toxins from the liver and acts as a great weight loss remedy (bonus!).
The benefits of drinking this zesty tonic are endless:
- Excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- Balances the pH levels in the body
- Helps flush out toxins
- Aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- Great source of citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- Helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- Helps cure common cold
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the live enzymes when they are too dilute
- Helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver. In cases of heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
- Immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
- Helps fight against eye problems
- Helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Let’s boost your lemon water drinking motivation with this bonus infographic:
(A side note of caution: lemon juice when in direct contact with teeth, can ruin the enamel on the teeth. Hence, it is advised to consume it diluted and also rinse your mouth thoroughly after drinking lemon juice.)
How To Make Lemon Water
Making lemon water is super simple. Just squeeze half a lemon in 16-32oz lukewarm water. If you weigh more than 70 kg, use a whole lemon.
Why use lukewarm (or room temperature) instead of cold or hot water to make this healing morning drink? Well, hot or cold water takes more energy to process, so your first glass in the morning should be lukewarm or at room temperature to slowly wake your body and kick start your digestion.
According to traditional Ayurvedic medicine, the choices we make in our daily routine either build up resistance to disease or tear it down.
So, what are you waiting for? Add 1/2 fresh lemon to your water each morning and put a smile on your dial in the a.m. I highly (thoroughly) recommend it.
P.S. Want to take your health to the next level?
Download my FREE green smoothie eBook and get life-changing tips and inspiration delivered straight to your inbox.